I get asked a lot about how I self-published my novel, Earthly Bodies.
A post about self-publishing, or becoming an indie publisher, is something I’ve been meaning to do for a while.
Before I get into it, I need to tell you something.
If you want to do it well, there are no shortcuts, no easy or quick routes. You have to educate yourself, literally at each step. Learn on the job, so to speak.
There is a lot to get your head around, especially if you want to do paperback and/or hardbacks.
I’m still learning too, you might notice there is nothing in this list that covers audiobooks… Well, that’s because I’m still figuring audio out myself.
So I thought I’d start by offering you a list of some of the places where I began learning.
Full disclosure– there are a handful of Facebook groups listed here. Now some of you may remember I left Facebook some years ago, setting up a ghost account to manage my author page. BUT Facebook groups are a goldmine of information and helpful people who have trodden the same path as you.
I do hope this is helpful and gives you a place to start;
- The Alliance Of Independant Authors I used this for the discount at Ingram Spark (paperbacks and wide distribution)
- Wide For The Win Facebook group (for life beyond the ‘Zon)
- Self Publishing Formula Facebook group
- Rebel Authors Facebook Group
- Getting print editions was really important to me and a big part of my marketing efforts was to do with preorders… There’s a trick to creating preorders though. Find info and tips here and here.
- The Creative Penn Podcast for Writers
- The Self Publishing Show Podcast
For info about book covers go here.
If you want more of this type of content let me know!
I would love your input