Short third person bio
Since 2010, Susan has written for a variety of media outlets, but the call of the strange and unusual grew irresistible. Now she mixes words like potions at her laptop in Cheshire, England. She procrastinates by writing shorter, and weirder, stuff. Her first novel, eco-horror Earthly Bodies, is out now.
Longer + more personal bio
First of all thanks for visiting, without you, I wouldn’t be here.
I’m an author and creator. When I’m not updating these pages, you’ll find me writing or editing stories for publications both on and offline.
From an outsiders point of view, I’ve had many pivots in my life; teacher, MUA, interiors blogger and now fiction author. To me, it just feels like an evolution, my own personal evolution. I have grown into the person I was always going to be and the path of my life has brought me here.
I am 41 and live with my husband, two daughters and Bill the cat in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
Find out about what education and courses I have completed for my professional development here.
My favourite social media channel is Instagram so you can always find me on there– come and say hi!
If you are interested in booking me for a speaking engagement, find out more here.
If you are looking for specific content please use the search bar below.
If you’d like to learn more about behind the scenes of an authors life and monthly letters from me, please sign up below.
- Spending time with those you love
- Quality over quantity, in everything
- Repurposing, reusing, recycling- avoiding waste where possible
- Appreciating the moment and what you have
- Being true to yourself, authentically you
- Believing that everyone is creative in some way and creativity should be nurtured
- Treasuring being at home and the simple things in life
- Connection with others, real eye to eye stuff!
- Creating, over consuming
- Using libraries and supporting independent shops when possible
- Not forgetting the past, embracing heritage and learning from it