Well dear readers, I promised you a post in my Lush review about my skincare routine and here it is.
Allow me to introduce my skin; To say its sensitive is an understatement. Even plain water can bring me out in hives on a bad day so I work hard to maintain the calmness when I have a good day. But on a good day my skin is ace- I often get compliments about it from men and women alike.
I’ve had all sorts of allergy tests done so things I know I’m allergic to are Lanolin, perm solution, some SPF’s, some cosmetic preservatives and most fragrance and perfumes.
So here’s the products I use on a daily basis.
Most of this stuff is cheap as chips- apart from the three obvious ones!!
- Boots Simply Sensitive Day Moisturiser SPF15 – £2.79
- Boots Simply Sensitive Night Moisturiser – £3.79
- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair (I’m still on the old version- anyone tried the new one??) – approx £45 (price has changed since I last bought it)
- Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser- approx £26 for the full sized one (mine’s travel sized)
- Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair- approx £38.50 for the full sized one (mine’s a sample)
- Sainsbury’s Skin Therapy Eye Make Up Remover Pads for Sensitive Skin- £1.10
I bought the Estee Lauder serum (when Boots had triple points) after trying a sample and was shocked it didn’t make me react! They’ve “improved” it since I bought it though, so I’m going to need a sample again before buying… Typical.
Now I’m in my thirties the anti aging stuff is getting more important to me and the serum IS really good- there’s a cult following behind for a reason and it’s because it flamin’ well works.
But as cliché as it is, sleep and water are two things that make a huge difference to how my skin looks and reacts. What about you? Do you have sensitivities?
Do you use any supermarket own brands when it comes to skincare- you can see Boots and Sainsburys here but I’ve heard Aldi’s is particularly good.
Sign up for my Creative Notes Letters, a personal letter to my readers. I want to keep in touch without depending on social media as I'm trying to use it less, and I know many of you are too CLICK HERE