Life lately- a visual diary
Hello, just checking in! Thought I’d share a photo diary of what I’ve been up to. I’m sharing these here because normally they are the sort of photo I’d share on Instagram, but as I’m having a break from social media and rather than my images getting lost (or stolen!) on Instagram, here they are Evergreen and completely my own. Food for thought, eh?
- My brain feels so full right now so leaving social media temporarily has worked in freeing it up a fraction. I’ve managed to write my first Flash Fiction and I’m working on a short story. These shorter pieces are a refreshing change from the deep work of the novel.
- When not writing I’ve been doing lots of reading. Loads.
- I’ve been busy applying edits to my manuscript after it being with an editor recently. It’s a bit of a slog but I’m hopefully getting somewhere. I’ve even got a title I like now. It came to me in my sleep!
(no photo for this- just picture me at a laptop)
- We went on a family trip to Edinburgh. It rained, a tradition for our holidays. But a beautiful city nonetheless. Could have spent the whole time in the Museum of Scotland; incredible.
- I cut my fringe into baby bangs again and remembered I have great cheekbones. Amazing what you forget when engrossed in work. Also, hello red lipstick, it’s been a while. Remembering self-care can be hard sometimes.
- Billy the cat grinning was a special moment.
- I’m looking after my plants a bit better too. I managed to propagate this Oxalis Triangularis.
- Noticing beauty everywhere, even at the car wash.
- I’ve also been doing some one on one blog tutoring which I loved!
I hope you are doing well and taking baby steps towards the life you want.
Let me know what you’ve been up to.