Hello and welcome!
Read on for About Me…
Short third person bio
Susan Earlam is a creator and author. Rebelling again the “rules” of niches in the blogging world she evades categorisation for fun; not an ideal position when it comes to marketing.
Susan is based in Greater Manchester, UK and been writing on her blog for a decade.
Longer + more personal bio
First of all thanks for visiting, without you, I wouldn’t be here.
I’m a freelance writer and creator. When I’m not updating these pages, you’ll find me redrafting a novel or writing for publications both on and offline. Sometimes I will collaborate with some of my favourite brands, this will always be disclosed and come from an authentic place.
I am 40 and live with my husband, two daughters and a cat. We are based just outside of Manchester and I really love my city, having lived here most of my life. There are some fab posts about Manchester here on the blog. I’m always happy to recommend places too, so if you are visiting do tweet me and ask. I love seeking out great places in Manchester and beyond to share with you here.
Find out about what I done for my professional development here.
When you visit, I hope you find a down to earth approach to life and creativity. Also;
- My adventures in fiction– from poetry, to short stories and novels.
- Real advice on interiors and home style. You’ll find inspiration on how to mix old and new, vintage and high street, hand me down and off the shelf. Helping you to give your home an individual and unique look and feel, just like you.
- I’m interested in the stories of things and of people. I love creating and creativity. I’m thinking about running a creative writing prompt course later this year.
- As of September 2018 I’m working on the second draft of a novel. I share my story of writing here on the blog and I really hope to be published traditionally by my 40th birthday in September 2020. How’s that for some specific manifestation?
- My Virgo perfectionist tendencies are something I’m trying to tame. Once I have an idea I like it to be just so, although when it comes to home renovations and actually what is possible with our budget; I’ve learnt that being imperfect is actually way more interesting 😉
- I’m passionate about creativity and individuality and believe these are incredibly valuable in our lives.
My favourite social media channel is Instagram so you can always find me on there– come and say hi!
You can find out more about my newsletter here.
- Spending time with those you love
- Quality over quantity, in everything
- Repurposing, reusing, recycling- avoiding waste where possible
- Appreciating the moment and what you have
- Being true to yourself, authentically you
- Believing that everyone is creative in some way and creativity should be nurtured
- Treasuring being at home and the simple things in life
- Connection with others, real eye to eye stuff!
- Creating, over consuming
- Using libraries and supporting independent shops when possible
- Not forgetting the past, embracing heritage and learning from it