Hello hello hello!
How are you? Are you adapting to this new world? Are you well?
I realised recently that it had been an AGE since I’ve shared with you what I’m reading. So here goes.
Here’s my list since September, these are books I’ve finished.
- The Southern Reach Trilogy encompassing Annihilation, Authority & Acceptance. By Jeff Vandermeer.
- The Complex by Michael Walters
- The Coma by Alex Garland. Side note have you watched DEVS on BBC2 yet?
- Underland by Robert MacFarlane
- The Confession by Jessie Burton
- Dark Pines by Will Dean. He has an excellent YouTube channel for writers. Also, I believe his e-books are all 99p at Amazon at the time of writing.
- The Palace of Curiosities by Rosie Garland
- The Penguin Book of Hell compiled and edited by Scott G Bruce
- The Devil Rides Out By Dennis Wheatley
And books I’m currently reading;
- Brick Lane Short Story Prize Longlist 2019. Great for my current short attention span, thanks Covid19.
- Ducks, Newburyport by Lucy Ellmann. I’ve made it to page 20, but this is the opposite to a short story. The whole think is stream of conscious thought from one character. I put this down and picked up the Brick Lane book above. I may go back to it as it is a library loan and I’ve got it until lockdown ends!
- Motherland by Tetyana Denford. This was sent to me as a gift, from Tetyana who has self published this creative non-fiction novel. I’m right at the start of the tale of her Grandmother and her life escaping WW2 and beyond. Really enjoying it so far.
There are more books on my bedside right now, but I wouldn’t say I’m actually reading them. More looking at the pictures and researching for my next novel.