As part of my 2019 mission to THRIVE this year, I’ve been looking at my relationship with money.
More to the point, I’ve decided to do something about it.
I’m happiest finding answers in books, so I read You Are A Badass At Making Money by Jen Sincero. A book that had been recommended to me several times by different people.
Feelings of awkwardness, self- worth, and safety around money have been pulled to the surface after reading. And I’ve not quite reached the end of the book.
Mantras play a big part in Jen’s methods.
FYI- the definition of mantra is;
1. A mantra is a word or phrase repeated by Buddhists and Hindus when they meditate, or to help them feel calm.
2. You can use mantra to refer to a statement or a principle that people repeat very often because they think it is true, especially when you think that it not true or is only part of the truth.
The idea is that the repetition of a mantra can help you retrain your brain to think about something in a different way. In a more positive way. It’s also a way of checking in with yourself, reminding yourself about the bigger picture.
Getting into a negative thought loop is easy to do, especially about money. Having a mantra helps you break the cycle of negativity.
So I’ve collected and come up with some of my own mantras about money and thought I’d share them with you. Let me know if any resonate. Please feel free to print your favourite out and pin it up somewhere you can see it every day.
- The book I mentioned above- by Jen Sincero
- Money Saving Expert have their own mantra cards you can print out
- Money + Manifesting School (something I haven’t done so can’t endorse, but a couple of people I know have been on it)
Having money isn’t vulgar
Money helps me treat the people I love
Money aids me in caring for my loved ones
(scroll down for more)
Money puts a roof over our head and food in our mouths
Money means I have more choices
Money helps me choose something better
Money helps me see the world
Money helps me save the world
Money means I can give to charity and help those in need
I love money
Money is a pleasure to spend
Spending money helps the economy and keeps people in work
Money pays for education
I deserve to have enough money for the things I need for a pleasurable life
Money is attracted to me
I’m worth more
I want to make money faster than I can spend it
More money is on the way to me
I respect money
I have more money than I can spend
I will have an abundance of wealth
I am attracting money now
The money is coming
I would love your input