It’s been over a week now since Blogtacular and I’m only just beginning to fully digest everything that went on.
There’s lots of things I learnt that I’ll be putting into practice over the coming weeks and months. Today I wanted to share a few of those things because, as principles, I think they can be applied to any part of your life. Not just for blogging.
- Face your fears, vocalise them, deal with them in small stages. (thanks Grace)
- Do more analogue stuff, meaning things with your hands, like sewing, baking, drawing- in short, making. This was a biggy for me as I feel like I don’t do even half as much as I used to. (thanks Anthony)
- Apply the “Look & Yes” principal- where the moment you come across something, you immediately react and say YES (without realising you have) either just in your head or actually out loud. These are the things you must strive to do for yourself (again I’ve Anthony to thank for this).
- If something is successful but its draining you or not making you happy, let it go (Grace again). I kind of knew this already, through personal experience in my blogging, but it was great hearing it from someone I admire.
- Take time to get a post just right, rather than rushing them out. Quality over schedule. (Thanks to Francesca) One of my fears is not being able to, “keep up” with others in the blogosphere- I need to get to grips with this so you may see less (but better!!) posts from me in the future.
The part I think I enjoyed the most though was the actual meeting of other people who do what I do and totally get it. I’ve always been big on communication and community and this was both of those things in spades. One final thing I learnt that is nothing to do with blogging and everything to do with body image was; that I actually look pretty good from behind!
Never again shall I ask “Does my bum look big in this?” after seeing this photo….
Anyway enough about my bum…. I’ve been asked a few times about how I did my headscarf on the day so shall attempt to create some kind of tutorial soon… Video or step by step photos?
All images within this post were taken by Mollie Makes– thanks for the bum shot Mollie 😉
PS- If you didnt get to go to Blogtacular this year you can get to the virtual conference!