We can see the light at the end of the tunnel now with our kitchen renovation.
So I thought I’d give you a breakdown of what we went for, as you know its an Ikea kitchen so most things are from there unless stated.
- KROKTORP door fronts
- KARLBY worktop in Oak- which is solid oak over particleboard, giving the look of solid wood without the price tag and just as easy, if not easier to look after,
- FÅGLEBODA door handles in chrome finish
- FÅGLAVIK door handles in chrome finish
- EDSVIK tap
- BOHOLMEN sink
- MOLNIGT extractor
- RENGÖRA dishwasher
- EFFEKTFULL fridge freezer
- RENLIG washing machine (which is in the garage so not really part of kitchen!)
- LIMHAMN wall shelves
- GRUNDTAL rails and hooks
- GRUNDTAL magnetic spice jars
- EKBY JÄRPEN / EKBY GÄLLÖ complete wall shelves
- IVAR wall cabinets
- TUNDRA laminate flooring in Antique Pine
- Russell Hobbs kettle and toaster (Mr OFS picked these up on offer at £20 each)
- New World gas cooker from Argos
- Whirlpool Max Microwave with Steam Function (a round back makes it save space)
- Acova 2 Column Radiator
There’s still the tiling to be done, and I’m still tweaking it to make things work for me in the layout. There’s also still a fair amount of glassware that I need to find homes for but there is still a good amount of space left in the cabinets, so I’m not too worried.
We are over the moon with the kitchen- its such an improvement from what we had before- click if you want to see the “before” pictures.
If you follow me on Instagram you mightve seen my Instaspam of the kitchen but here’s some after pictures anyway.
If you want any more information on Ikea kitchens and any of the processes or any of the appliances we bought from the list above please ask away in the comments, its such a big purchase you want to get it right first time.
I’d particularly like to thank Glen in the kitchen department at Ikea Manchester (a kitchen genius) and Brad who did my installation (not Brad Pitt sadly- but equally lovely) 😉
7 thoughts on “My Ikea Kitchen- what we bought”
It’s really nice. I’m desperate to decorate our kitchen right now, it’s definitely the first room in our house that needs doing
I love that seat near the window it’s fantastic. I’ve just added some ikea spic shelves to my kitchen. I love IKEA and am a little obsessed.
Join the club!!!
It’s looking so lovely! You have a lot more patience than me! We tried an Ikea kitchen and i just couldn’t bear all the bits and pieces you have to choose! Must be lovely getting it just right though x x
Aw thanks Susanne, I spent about a year planning it and bothering my friends who had Ikea kitchens done, it helped a lot playing with the kitchens in real life.
Love those shelves. Love the solution to your nightmare kitchen on a budget. No wonder the previous owners moved. They really made a hash of their kitchen extension.
No wouldn’t that be fun if Brad Pitt came to install your kitchen! It looks really great and looks like you’ve made brilliant use of the space x